Thursday, September 6, 2012

Project the third: Avengers Assembled!

Well, Dragon*Con has come and gone, and with it, the debut of the Steampunk Avengers group costume! So for all of you who are curious how it turned out, here are the piccies.


Here's me, all dressed up and ready to go out on the town. :)


Incidentally, this was probably my best pose of the night. Let this be a salutary lesson to all costumers out there - perfect your poses before you head out to be photographed. I've got one photo of me where I look like a grumpy guy in drag. *shiver* Don't let that be you! :)









 
And here's the whole group! From left to right, you've got Thor, Enchantress, Scarlet Witch and the Vision.









And, close-ups!


Thor and Enchantress on the left. Scarlet Witch and the Vision on the right. I wish I had a better photo of the makeup on the Vision's face. It was done up with gears, and it looked really cool! Folks were coming up all night to take photos of it. :)

And for all you Star Wars fans, here's a pic of the Sith (and one random clone trooper). :)




(Had to include it - they just look so good!)

Anyway, D*C was, as usual, a whole lot of fun. It seemed more crowded this year, maybe because we spent more time wading through the costume floors in the Marriott than in years past. It was my first year to go in costume, and it's definitely a different experience. But it was still a great time. :)

Happy sewing! (And practice your poses!)

No comments:

Post a Comment